Please download a copy of your puppy request for your records.
Thanks for expressing interest in getting a puppy through Cesky Fousek North America. You will probably have questions about the process, and we want to put you in contact with someone who can answer your questions and make sure that your request is handled in a timely manner.
If you don’t receive an email or phone call from us within a few days, please feel welcome to call our secretary to check on your status. Whether it’s a technology glitch or an oversight, your interest in getting a pup is very important to us and we don’t want your request to slip through the cracks!
Jane’s contact information is:
Email: Jane Cleaves McKenna
phone: (207) 512-5610
Even BEFORE you get your puppy- GET PREPARED
Depending on how familiar you are with the club and the Cesky Fousek breed, you may already have done some of these, but here are some ways to get better acquainted with the breed and the club:
Buy and read this book:
Dr. Ian Dunbar. “Before and After Getting Your Puppy: The Positive Approach to Raising a Happy, Healthy, and Well-Behaved Dog”. (also available as an audiobook that is a great listen)This book will give you a roadmap for behavior developmental landmarks as well as how to manage your puppy to avoid problems before they arise.
Our recommendation is to purchase or borrow “Puppy Culture Video (first powerful 12 weeks)” and the companion video “Attention is the Mother of all Behaviors” – These videos will help you with teaching the basic foundational behaviors important for both hunting and becoming a self-controlled canine family member. Also recommended is the book Puppy’s First Steps by the Faculty of Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University. Puppy’s First Steps will give you the answers to your questions about: potty training, diet, socializing, puppy perceptions, kids, and more.
- Attend one of our field tests or training/exposure days. Spring field tests are scheduled from late March to May, depending on location; Fall tests are in September, and regional chapters offer training days at various time throughout the spring and summer. Scheduled events are listed on the Field Testing page. Contact the listed Field Test Chair to find out when and where tests and training days are happening.
- Check out our on-line resources.
- See the Resources section of the website. Here you can download test rule booklets, access back issues of our newsletter, The Gun Dog Supreme, and learn about the work of the foundation.
- Check out our YouTube channel for videos of hunting with the Cesky Fousek and training for our testing program. We have videos covering most of the disciplines required in the Natural Ability and Intermediate Hunting Dog Test.
- We maintain a great collection of hunting, training and testing photos of our dogs on a special photo gallery site: Cesky Fousek North America Smugmug
- Like us on Facebook too! Cesky Fousek North America
Your application will be reviewed by the Breeding Committee, and you will receive communication from the committee. The Breeding Committee tries to match the number of breedings each year to the number of people requesting puppies. Approved applicants will be expected to place a deposit in order to reserve a puppy for that year.