Thanks for expressing interest in getting a puppy through Cesky Fousek North America. You will probably have questions about the process, and we want to put you in contact with someone who can answer your questions and make sure that your request is handled in a timely manner. When you submitted your request, a copy was sent to our club secretary, Robin Strathy. We have several regional contact people and Robin will either contact you directly or put you in touch with one of the regional contacts.
If you don’t receive an email or phone call from us within a few days, please feel welcome to call Robin to check on your status. Whether it’s a technology glitch or an oversight, your interest in getting a pup is very important to us and we don’t want your request to slip through the cracks!
Robin’s contact information is:
phone: (406) 788-4934
Depending on how familiar you are with the club and the Cesky Fousek breed, you may already have done some of these, but here are some ways to get better acquainted with the breed and the club:
- Attend one of our field tests or training/exposure days. Spring field tests are scheduled from late March to May, depending on location; Fall tests are in September, and regional chapters offer training days at various time throughout the spring and summer. Scheduled events are listed on the Field Testing page. Contact the listed Field Test Chair to find out when and where tests and training days are happening.
- Check out our on-line resources.
- See the Resources section of the website. Here you can download test rule booklets, access back issues of our newsletter, The Gun Dog Supreme, and learn about the work of the foundation.
- Check out our YouTube channelfor videos of hunting with the Cesky Fousek and training for our testing program. We have videos covering most of the disciplines required in the Natural Ability and Intermediate Hunting Dog Test.
- We maintain a great collection of hunting, training and testing photos of our dogs on a special photo gallery site: Cesky Fousek North America Smugmug
- Like us on Facebook too! We have two club related sites: The Bohemian Wirehaired Pointing Griffon Club of America club siteCesky Fousek North America club page and Cesky Fosuek North America
- Getting a pup off to a good start is fun, but challenging too. In addition to the informal help that club members provide to each other, we recommend these books:
- How to Help Gun Dogs Train Themselves, Taking Advantage of Early Condtioned Learning by Joan Bailey
- How to Have The Best Trained Gun Dog, Taking Advantage of Proven, Unique Training Methods, All Natural – No Expensive Electronics Needed by Joan Bailey
- For an excellent photography source and background on the Cesky Fousek and all other Continental pointing breeds, check out Craig Kosyk’s blog http://pointingdogblog.blogspot.com/ and his book Pointing Dogs, Volume One: The Continentals